affliate adblabla

Monday, August 15, 2016

I Told Her I Loved Her. She Then Slept With My Boss.

Everyone has his breaking point.It's that one incident that happens where you tell yourself, "Enough! I'm getting my problems with women sorted out, right now, once and for all."
Let me tell you how I reached mine.
My story is particularly humiliating, and yet I want you to know it.
Once upon a time, I fell in love.
She was a co-worker, and her name was Linda.
Tall, slender and with long flowing dark locks and big, hazel eyes, she looked like she had jumped out from a retro 1950's pinup calendar. She was gorgeous.
I thought I wouldn't stand a chance with her. She was sooooo out of my league.
Still, I grew some balls and asked her for a date on a Saturday night. To my joy (and disbelief), she agreed.
I went all out, man. Stretch limos, fresh roses, candlelight dinner, you name it.
I even paid a fiddle player N30,000 to serenade her while she wined and dined. No joke!
At the end of the date, I told her that she was my "eternal love" and I would "live and die" for her.
(God knows why, but I thought it was a good idea at that time.)
And as I tried to kiss her, she turned away with an unmistakable look of sheer disgust on her face.
The following week when I saw her at work, she had turned into a different person completely.
She tried her best to avoid me. Whenever I bumped into her, she would pretend to look elsewhere.
Confused and desperate, I tried calling her a couple of times. She never picked up.
Then, after a couple of hours, she texted:
"Stop calling me."
It hurt.
But, that was not the end of my story. Not yet.
Two weeks after that incident, I happened to arrive at the office early at 7am.
I had wanted to see my 50-year old boss (Duncan), and I didn't know what was going through my mind when I went into his office room without knocking.
And then, right there, I saw it.
Linda was on Duncan's lap.
She only had her bra on. He had his trousers off.
I'll leave the rest to your imagination.
That was truly the worst time in my life. Nothing could compare to the severe hurt and torture that I felt at that time.
It was pure hell.
So why am I telling you this little sob story of mine?
Well, here's why:
Maybe you're going through something similar right now in your own life.
You may be reaching your own breaking point.
It's not fun.
She lingers in your mind before you go to sleep, jolts you awake in the middle of the night, and is the first thing you think about in the morning.
During the day, you become a walking zombie.
Focusing on work or anything else becomes almost impossible.
Pure torture.
I know, because I've been there.
Get Over It , move on !

No comments:

jumia ad



NG-[A_BA[VIDE_TELE_ALLB]:TELEVISIONS_728x90